I love shoes - they look so good on me!
(and living a fabulous life on a not so fabulous budget, trying to be a cool mom to 3 cooler daughters, dancing my butt off, drinking my calories, reviewing things I buy and looking for my always missing keys! )

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Today is Sunday. Some people go to church. I recover. Some Sundays are used to recover from a crazy, loud and silly weekend with my kids and other Sundays are used to recover from - well, you name it.

This Sunday, the 2nd of January 2011, I am not only recovering, but reflecting. As I mentioned in the previous post, 2010 was the year I wanted to bash in the knees, stab in the eye with a pencil, give a karate chop to the throat. It was an all around terrible year.

The year started with health issues. 4 MRIs and 3 misdiagnosed disorders, plenty of doctor bills and an over abundance of stress. I'm ok. It was a severe defitiancty in Vitamin D. Chicago winters will do that to you.

The summer we spent packing and preparing for a move to Charleston, S.C. Possibly my most favorite place on Earth. And if you haven't shopped on Queen Street for shoes, handbags and jeans - you are seriously missing out!

The fall brought many of those boxes being unpacked and others being packed as my husband of 12 years and I separated and I moved out. Absolutely, the most difficult event of my life. I will spare you -and myself- the details as looking forward is always easier (and more productive) than looking back.

Sometime in there I had a job change, of sorts. I went from working mornings - part time, to working overnights - full time - and picking up extra hours when ever possible to help pay for things I never had to pay for before - um, like RENT. And rent is expensive.

September was the month of the tattoo. Having always wanted one, but being discouraged, now feeling angry, sad and ready for change, I headed for the tattoo 'parlor' (anyone actually use that name anymore?) and the result: it's the Uffington White Horse and it's been a very important symbol in my life for the past several years.

December came and with it, my 33nd birthday and another tattoo. Three stars around my ankle, symbolizing my 3 daughters. No stork in the yard for us, due to my interest of Astrology, tarot and stars, we had a Moon and star placed in the yard announcing the birth of our "Shining Stars".

This brings me to the weekends and every other weekend is spent with my lovely and out of the box - crazy, silly, laugh educing daughters. Never fear - I live only blocks away from them and I see them almost every day as I take them to school or pick them up, or find a reason to have dinner together. I miss them when they aren't around. And though, shoes are a passion (read - obsession), my life is especially fabulous with my girls in it.

OK, so 2010 wasn't all bad. I learned a lot about myself - that I'm stronger and more fun than I thought I was. I realized that I have some amazing friends (and not so amazing ones, too. But just consider that a lesson learned. I did a lot of 'soul searching' in 2010 - many of the results were good and many were not. Bad shit happened. Really bad. And those of you reading this that know me well, know exactly what experiences I speak of. I made a whole lot of crazy choices, mistakes and WTF moments. But I also did some pretty great things, had amazing experiences, down right awesome, hot and secret worthy experiences. All these adventures were traveled in fabulous shoes. If only my shoes could talk, right? Well, get ready, cause I'm giving them a voice.
Stay tuned. May the year 2011 be just as interesting as 2010, but with less bumps in the road - wouldn't want to risk breaking a heel!

Fab. Comfy Socks: bought from the dollar store. For real!


1 comment:

  1. Here's a toast to the new year - Thank God! You are one of the strongest women I know! Loved your reflection of 2010. Here's to a much better 2011! JJK

    ReplyDelete