I love shoes - they look so good on me!
(and living a fabulous life on a not so fabulous budget, trying to be a cool mom to 3 cooler daughters, dancing my butt off, drinking my calories, reviewing things I buy and looking for my always missing keys! )

Tuesday, January 18, 2011



I think Chicago winters have bummed my feet out a bit. There's really nothing less appealing to your feet than having them prance around in fabulous, yet, wet shoes. At the beginning of winter, I try. I fight the urge to wear ugly warm boots or comfy casual tennis shoes. I wear the 3 inch heels, the open toe flats, the sling back kitten heels. Of course, my feet are always wet and I continuously fall on my ass. So...

Come January, my feet rebel. And I pull out these:



Don't be a hater. They are comfortable, warm and waterproof, snow proof, slush proof. they are glorious. But ugly. Ok, fine.. they are fugly. I'm ashamed. In an attempt to let go of my shame and put my feet into fabulous winter boots, I spent a good two hours online searching, searching, searching.


I'm usually not very picky about my footwear - fabulous is fabulous. who cares if they are pinchy? Pinchy I can live with for a few hours. But winter boots? I'd wear them nearly every day (mostly to work) and that means they need to be just right.


I think, that the Chicago winters have also frozen my brain, because while spending hours searching for new boots I realized that there are a lot of rubber boots being used as snow boots and.... I HAVE RUBBER RAIN BOOTS!



Look at that - I saved myself some cash AND I have a "new" pair of shoes that I had forgotten I had. This could be the first sign that I have a shoe problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment